AWeber is my favorite email marketing service. I’ve tried MailChimp and a bunch of others, but AWeber is the only one that consistently gets my emails in people’s inboxes. Because what’s the point of having an email list if people don’t actually see your emails?
Psst, if you’re still looking for an email marketing service, try AWeber free for 30 days*.
AWeber is crazy awesome at email marketing, but their interface is kind of clunky. There are plenty of signup form templates to choose from, but it’s still difficult to customize AWeber forms without HTML and CSS.
Reason number 2407 why I love the Genesis Framework: most Genesis child themes* have built-in styling for AWeber forms. You don’t need to spend days trying to customize AWeber forms yourself, and you don’t need to spend a fortune hiring someone to do it for you.
Watch this video to learn how to setup AWeber forms with the Genesis eNews Extended plugin.
From your WordPress Dashboard
- Install and activate the Genesis eNews Extended plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. Add the Genesis eNews Extended widget to the widget area in which you want it to appear.
- If you want a title to appear at the top of the widget, enter your desired text into the ‘Title’ field.
- If you would like some text to appear before the form, enter your desired text into the ‘Text to Show Before Form’ field.
- If you would like some text to appear below the form, enter your desired text into the ‘Text to Show After Form’ field.
Open AWeber in a new tab and do the following:
- Sign in to AWeber.
- Click ‘Sign Up Forms’ and select the form you want to use. If you don’t have any sign up forms, you’ll need to create one.
- Click the ‘Publish’ tab.
- Click ‘I Will Install My Form’.
- Click the ‘Raw HTML Version’ tab.
- Uncheck the ‘Include beautiful form styles’ box.
Go back to the Genesis eNews Extended widget and do the following:
https://www.aweber.com/scripts/addlead.plinto the ‘Form Action’ field.
- If you want to collect names, enter
nameinto the ‘First Name Field’ field.
- Copy all of the hidden fields from the AWeber form and paste them into the ‘Hidden Fields’ field.
- Scroll down to the ‘Button Text’ field. Change the button text to whatever you want the sign up button to say.
- Click ‘Save’.
AWeber uses an invisible to track how many times the form is displayed on your website. If you to accurately track your conversion rate (the number of people who sign up / the number of times the form is displayed), you need to add that image to your eNews Extended widget.
- Go back to the HTML tab of your AWeber form and scroll down to the bottom.
- Look around the 3rd line up from the bottom, and find the line that starts with
<div style="display: none;"><img src="https://forms.aweber.com/. Copy that entire image code.
- Go back to the eNews Extended widget.
- Place your cursor at the end of whatever text you have in the ‘Text To Show Before Form’ box and paste the image code.